Friday, October 8, 2010

NYCC & NYAF is upon us! --WHAT TO EXPECT



Today later on at 1 pm starts the amazing NY Comic Con & NY Anime Festival begins.

Expect a huge crowd, the McDonalds an avenue back to be full with the workers like WTF or "they have their yearly convention shit again", LONG LINES, ANY MENTION OF STAN LEE start with someone crying or going into his life history, THE JAPANESE POP STARS AND ROCK STARS HAVE ARRIVED IN NEW YORK so that means CONCERTS CONCERTS and more Concerts (YES!), Free SWAG and big ass bags to carry around, a lot of cosplay, lots of photo flashes (courtesy of everyone including me!), Yoshiki OMG, Sort of expensive food inside the con, BATHROOM LINES to be a little long at either bathrooms available, and panels & screenings with celebrities, artists, and guests of honor.


I hope that list does not scare you but makes you feel anxious. Please I hope so.

My part is always taken every year at these festivals and conventions, I love going, I love to cosplay, I love free swag, awesome food, meeting creators, cosplayers, anime watchers, manga & comic readers, and writers as myself.

This year again, I will be apart of the PRESS (yay) doing my usual thing, interviews, photo stills (when not prohibited - thanks MCh), and videos (when possible), my Nikon has not come back from the repairs, so I will be using my G1 phone which is awesome for all of these. I just gotta remember to bring a charger!

I SIFTED through THOUSANDS of emails about PR and invites and other enjoyable make-aware to come and check out things at our spot. So I complied a list of all of them and see If I can go to all of them because they seem interesting like the Seth Green & M Night Shamalayan & Stan Lee meetings. How cool.

I hear Stan Lee & legendary Yoshiki is due to make an announcement about something together. EPIC. Imagine if they said "We love comics and anime and you guys!" THEN that would be like".....okay....thanks for making us people wait in line for an hour for this but its the thought that counts"

I can not help but think of the people there at 6:30 am for the special tickets today Friday and the same again for tmrw Saturday. Minori Chihara signing you need a special tickets, forget that I need sleep. SLEEP please. This also reminds me of New York Comic Con year before last, when everyone ran on Saturday to the back to get into another line for Stan Lee tickets. The one guy that almost fell over, im sorry.

Anyways back to current:

I will cosplay as.........Soi Fon 2nd Division Captain from Bleach on Saturday, so look out for that. On Sunday I probably will go as her again or my Kung-Fu master costume inspired by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Today Friday i am just mellowed by wearing my Ichigo Bankai Vizard mask and normal clothes.



Yeah, I would have went all out today but i am leaving that for Saturday but the main reason is I only have 1 hour to spend there today and then come back there at 5pm because college means you have a class always at some time. In my case class starts at 3:30 pm and ends at 5 pm. -_- BUZZER BORING!


Well, enough of my babble, farewell and until later with highlights and such good day fellow Beehs.


--Kaye Beeh


BTW: TODAY AT THE CON/ FESTIVAL since both are epic to go to on the same weekend with the same ticket!

ROBOT CHICKEN VIEWING, DC TALENT SEARCH, Marvel vs Capcom 3 reveal!, and Disney fall preview. I can not wait honestly. These are going to be HUGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment